A sparkling clean sink enhances every kitchen. Kitchen sinks come in a variety of textures and styles to suit your style and budget. With that comes different methods of maintenance to ensure your sink is gleaming and free of bacteria. Keeping the kitchen sink clear of debris and clean is essential to a healthy home.
Art’s Countertops breaks down the easiest yet most effective ways to clear and clean stainless steel and granite kitchen sinks.
How To Clean Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
Stainless steel countertops and sinks are extremely durable. Crack and dent-resistant, stainless steel is a viable option for homeowners that want a long-lasting sink they can count on. Stainless steel kitchen sinks will not stain or tarnish, maintaining the timeless, sleek look that suits a variety of kitchen styles. They’re also extremely easy to maintain, however, they can still collect water spots or fade over time, which is why even minimal maintenance is important. Here’s how to keep your stainless steel sink shining:
- Rinse the sink prior to cleaning to remove any food residue, bacteria or stains. Then, use a clean cloth to wipe down the surface of any residue that wasn’t removed prior. Allow it to dry fully.
- Apply a mild-abrasive sink cleaner to a sponge and scrub the entire stainless steel surface. Ensure you’re scrubbing in the direction of the sink grain instead of away.
- Rinse the sink again to remove excess minerals or salts.
- If there are fine scratches on the sink’s surface, use a nylon brush or cleaning pads to scrub the sink.
How To Clean Granite Kitchen Sinks
Granite kitchen sinks are both highly durable and extremely elegant to beautify any kitchen. Granite composite is combined with 80% granite and 20% acrylic resin, which makes it look and feel like real stone without the high price. Heat, scratch and stain resistant, granite sinks easy to maintain and clean. Here’s how to keep your granite sink shining:
- Use a non-abrasive sponge or scrubbing pad and damped it with hot water. Apply a mild sink cleaner liquid or dish soap onto the sponge or use a solution of warm water and vinegar.
- Scrub the sink with the sponge and focus on areas with hard water stains or areas that appear more dirty or filmy.
- Rinse off the entire sink with warm water to ensure any excess residue is removed and washed away.
- Dry the sink off completely using a clean, microfibre cloth. Ensure the cloth is gentle to dry down the sink without scratching or damaging it in any way.
Art’s Countertops supplies some of the most popular quartz countertops and granite countertops in the Cambridge, Waterloo and Kitchener areas. Our popular brands are all top quality yet affordable to guarantee luxury without the high cost. Whether you’re in search of the perfect countertops or sinks for your home, we have great options for you. Browse our products or contact us for installation.